1931 – American Stock Exchange, New York

Architect: Starrett & Van Vleck

americanstockexchange2

americanstockexchange

This Art Deco building is actually a 1930-31 reconstruction of an earlier Curb Exchange Building, with additional floors. The original building was also designed by Starrett & Van Vleck and built from December 5, 1920 to June 27, 1921.

The Exchange moved to its present location in 1921. It became the American Stock Exchange in 1951. In 1998, the American Stock Exchange merged with the National Association of Securities Dealers (operators of NASDAQ) to create ‘The Nasdaq-Amex Market Group’ where AMEX is an independent entity of the NASD parent company. Today it is a major trading institution.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com