Architect: Frederick G. Hicks
The original church of this parish stood on Marlborough Street but was destroyed like much of the area in fighting during the Civil War of 1922. During the reconstruction, it was decided to drive Gloucester Street through to O’Connell Street creating Cathal Brugha Street. The new church was built on a new site on the new streetscape. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for Architecture 1932-34.