1937 – Henrietta House, Henrietta Street, Dublin
One of a series of blocks designed by the City Architect’s Department in the 1930s throughout the city centre, this fine block is one of two sited just yards away from Henrietta Street.
Heavily influenced by what was happening in Amsterdam at the time, the buildings have fine rounded corners and brick detail. Many of the larger schemes have integrated shop units. To this day, the quality of the design and materials means that they ‘work’ better as social housing, and indeed surpass much of what was built since in the city.