1937 – War Memorial Reading Room, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane


Small classically inspired reading room, connected by tunnel to the Long Library and intended for the use of Postgraduate students. An octagonal reading room on a plinth with a central toplight. Originally proposed in 1921 and completed 1937. Last work of Thomas Manly Deane, but executed out by Richard Orpen.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com