1967 – Norwich Union, Nassau Street, Dublin
One of three office blocks built along here by Norwich Union in the 1960s destroying a collection of varied Victorian commercial buildings in the process. Possibly the least offensive of the three, the building has an interesting exterior finish. Sadly its construction meant the loss of McCurdy’s Law Club of 1870.
Lardner’s work was poor, designed to eke out the best cost per square foot and to maxinmise square footage on the site. Their other Dublin buildings are truly horrendous.