Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1965 – Bank Of Ireland, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker



Miesian infill from Scott Tallon Walker for the Bank of Ireland, whose headquarters in Baggot Street they designed in a similar style. Here the overall feel is not as pleasing as at Baggot Street due to the glazing pattern and the ground floor being almost flush with the upper storeys. The bank was demolished in 2005 to make way for a commercial development.

Read previous post:
1738 – Newman House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Like Iveagh House further along St Stephen's Green, Newman House is obviously two houses planted together due...