The Kevin Street campus of the Dublin Institute of Technology is a large purpose built structure opened in 1968. Behind the Kevin Street frontage the building stretches back to the next street, dominating the area. Previous to its construction, there was an attractive Technical School dating from 1807 on the site. The building has some attractive mosaic tiles between windows, glazed stairwells, and interior spaces. In many ways it could have been a more successful design – the glazing pattern is now rather dated; the pavilion storey perhaps could have been treated better; but it is very much a building of the 1960s.