Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1973 – Fingal County Council, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Arthur Swift & Partners


Truly horrendous L-shaped building that replaced several good 19th century houses and a commercial building by William G. Murray. Slated for demolition itself after barely forty years. The concrete prescast panels may be “crisply detailed” but are clumsily designed and lack any sort of joy in their repetition. Only an architect could love it.

Read previous post:
1959 – Dublin Bus, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Brendan Ellis & G.P. O'Shea An infill building on the western side of O'Connell Street, the Dublin Bus offices...