Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1983 – Interpretive Centre, Fort Whyte Alive, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: MMP Architects / Carl Nelson Jr.



The earlier building on the Fort Whyte Alive site responded to the windswept prairie landscape with the simple gesture of an enormous sloping cedar roof facing north, with glazing to the south. The cedar has now weathered much to the building’s benefit, and the building now shows its roots in the many old windswept and abandoned barns in the prairies.

Read previous post:
1930 – The Pavilion, Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Northwood & Chivers The previous Pavilion was built in 1908 to a design by John D. Atchison but it...