Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1983 – Interpretive Centre, Fort Whyte Alive, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architects: MMP Architects / Carl Nelson Jr.

fw_interpretive_lge

fw_interpretive2_lgefw_interpretive2_lge

The earlier building on the Fort Whyte Alive site responded to the windswept prairie landscape with the simple gesture of an enormous sloping cedar roof facing north, with glazing to the south. The cedar has now weathered much to the building’s benefit, and the building now shows its roots in the many old windswept and abandoned barns in the prairies.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Read previous post:
1930 – The Pavilion, Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Northwood & Chivers The previous Pavilion was built in 1908 to a design by John D. Atchison but it...

Close