1988 – Treasury Building, Grand Canal Street, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners




The former Boland’s Mill building was stripped back to its concrete framed structure and redeveloped into an office building in the late 1980s by Treasury Holdings. The building played an integral part of the 1916 Rising and was occupied by Éamon de Valera who would later be President of Ireland, a fact commemorated by a plaque on the wall of the building along Macken Street.

Johnny Ronan, and his Treasury Holdings co-founder Richard Barrett, were among the State’s most high-profile and richest developers during the Celtic Tiger era. But in 2012, Treasury Holdings collapsed into liquidation – with debts of €2.7 billion.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com