Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1974 – Agriculture House, Kildare Street, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates

council_flats_lge

Massive and obtrusive, Agriculture house is a large office block of concrete aggregate panels shoehorned into a tight site on Kildare Street. Replacing several older buildings, there is a larger block to the rear which is visible from Merrion Street over the fine Government Buildings. With its chamfered corner and repetitive pattern, it does have a certain style, but this is undone by the size of the rear block. The double-height entrance lobby was redesigned internally by Shay Cleary in 1994.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1905 – Northern Bank, Winnipeg

Architect: George W. Northwood Established as Winnipeg's Northern Bank in 1905 and merging with the exclusively Ontario-based Crown Bank of...

Close