1860 – Aughentaine Castle, Fivemiletown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Isaac Farrell

0001

Aughentaine Castle consisted of a two-storey main block and a lower two-storey wing, with two tall Italianate campaniles of equal height, one at each end. There was an open porch; two-light and three-light windows some round-headed and others rectangular. Demolished around 1955 by the owner Colonel Hamilton-Stubber, who built a modern classical house o the design of the Claud Phillimore.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com