1780s – Ferryman Hotel, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin


One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. The Ferryman Hotel was built in the 1780’s by Lord Cardiff, and consists of two listed Georgian buildings. In the past, the ferry crossed at this point bringing workers from the north to the south quays to Dublin’s gasometer, and ship building yard.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com