1831 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

abbey10_lge

A cruciform structure with pinnacle gables, tower and a graceful spire, was built in 1831. It has two memorials to the soldiers of “The Great War” (1914-1918). On an interior wall at the rear of the church is an engraved brass plaque which is the Abbey Grammar School war memorial and the splendid East Window of the church created in 1917 is a memorial to three members of one family who died within 6 months in 1916, one of whom was the Reverend Bell of St. Mary’s.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com