The building shows the early development of the Perpendicular style, having been rebuilt c.1380-1415. The building is perfectly rectangular apart from the south porch, and largely built in brick rubble and rendered. Only the stone tower (c.1225) remains from the earlier churches, and showing a lower ground level; its lead spire was a replacement in 1869 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Although now redundant it is still consecrated and has been in the care of The Churches Conservation Trust since 1992.
South Porch Perspective View, published in The Building News, August 2nd 1872.