1430c – The Mint, Carlingford, Co. Louth



Essentially a fortified three storey town house belonging to a wealthy merchant family in the centre of Carlingford. While the right to mint coinage was granted to Carlingford in 1467 it is unlikely that it was actually used as a mint. The most interesting feature is the five highly decorated limestone windows.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com