Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1595 – Market House, Kinsale, Co. Cork


The old market and court house is now Kinsales museum. With its distinctive dutch gables and slate hung facade, it is a striking design. It was here in 1915 that the inquest ito the sinking of the Lusitania was held and as a memorial to the people that died, at the end of the inquest the room was left just as it was.

Read previous post:
1838 – Killucan Market House, Co. Westmeath

Fine stone market building with five wide arched opening at ground level with two floors of storage above, reached by...