Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1650 – Hillsborough Fort, Hillsborough, Co. Down

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

0009

0009

Artillery fort built in 1650 by Colonel Arthur Hill – the Hill family built the village of Hillsborough starting with the fort. Remodelled in the 18th Century for feasts and entertainment.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Down
1785 – Temple of the Winds, Newtownards, Co. Down

Architect: James Stuart The Temple of the Winds, James "˜Athenian' Stuart's banqueting hall of 1785, overlooks Strangford Lough. It had small viewing balconies, instead of porticos, to take advantage of...

Close