Architect: John Soane, Richard Morrison, William Vitruvius Morrison
Originally built as a 5-bay, 3-storey house for James Hamilton, 8th Earl of Abercorn in 1781 by George Steuart. Remodelled a couple of years later by Sir John Soane. The main block was later gutted by fire ion 1786. In the late 1830s it was restored and remodelled by Richard and William Vitruvius Morrison. In 1947 it was reduced to size by Albert Richardson to the house that exists today.