Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison
The historic cathedral on the Rock of Cashel was closed for worship in 1721. Meanwhile the old parish church of St John was removed and the present Georgian cathedral completed in 1784. The spire was added by William Vitruvius Morrison in 1812, the chancel was remodelled in a gilded elaborate Italian Romanesque style by William Atkins and the organ is by Samuel Green. Previously the cathedral of the Diocese of Cashel, it is now one of six cathedrals in the United Dioceses of Cashel and Ossory.