1821 – Theatre Royal, Hawkins St., Dublin
The first of three Theatre Royals on this site. In 1820, theatre impresario Henry Harris bought a site in Hawkins Street and built the 2,000–seater Albany New Theatre on it at a cost of £50,000, designed by architect Samuel Beazley.This theatre opened in January of the following year. In August, George IV attended a performance at the Albany and, as a consequence, a patent was granted. The name of the theatre was changed to the “Theatre Royal” to reflect its status as a patent theatre. The theatre was destroryed by fire on February 9, 1880.