1840 – Design for St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh
St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh, as designed by Thomas J. Duff of Newry, c. 1840. Published in John Gallogly: The History of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh, M. H. Gill & Son, Dublin 1880. Building was commenced in 1840 by Thomas Duff of Newry in a 16th century gothic idiom, but this was stopped due to the Famine. It was started again in 1850 by J.J. McCarthy is his favoured 14th century gothic and completed around 1870.