1851 – MacNeill’s Egyptian Arch, Newry, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir John MacNeill

1851 - MacNeills Egyptian Arch, Newry, Co. Armagh

Construction was completed in 1851 for the Dublin and Belfast Junction Railway Company and was the result of collaboration between engineer Sir John MacNeill and constructor William Dargan. Locally known as the Egyptian Arch, the rail bridge passes over the Newry–Camlough Road, in the County Armagh half of Newry.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com