1856 – Town Hall, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: James Paterson

0004

0004

The construction of Blackburn’s original, Italian renaissance style town hall was completed in 1856 at a cost of £35,000. It originally housed a police station with 18 cells, a large assembly room, and a council chamber. Still in use today but many functions are carried out in an adjacent 1960s tower.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com