“The Mortuary Chapel illustrated in the accompanying plate is built entirely of Bath stone; the roof is of stone, carried on arches. Internally the sides are divided into compartments by slate slabs for coffins, and will be hermetically sealed when occupied. The altar is placed at the east end. The subjects in the tympanum represent the Resurrection. The sides are recessed externally as if for windows, but are filled in with marble slabs. A vanlt is provided beneath the floor of the chapel, for receiving the remains of members of the family previously interred elsewhere. The total cost was £500. The architect was Mr. John Johnson, of John-street, Adelphi, London.” Published in The Civil engineer and architect’s journal, February 1, 1863.