Architect: Fitzgibbon Louch
The original castle was first built around 1474. The current Lough Eske Castle was reconstructed in the 1860s by the Brooke family on the site of their medieval castle. The replacement was an Elizbethan Tudor mansion in style with a fine tower to one end. Run as an hotel from 1930 until the interior was largely destroyed by fire in 1939 except for some Georgian additions. It has now been restored as an hotel after remaining ruinous until around 2007.