Architect: George Goldie
Designed by George Goldie, son of a prominent parishioner Dr. Goldie the church was designed in the Gothic revival, a copy of 13th-14th century style. The Church was completed in 1864, costing around £10,000, and was opened by Cardinal Wiseman in June of that year. It was considered to be one of the most perfectly finished Catholic Churches in England, rich in sculpture and paintings and stained glass. Illustrations published in The Building News, May 1873.