1872 – Church of St. Bridget, Wavertree, Liverpool
Elevation, section & plans from The Building News, December 8th 1876. The foundation stone was laid on 21 September 1868 and the church was consecrated in 1872. It was originally a chapel of ease to Holy Trinity Church, Wavertree and became a parish in its own right in 1901. The architect was E. A. Heffer who designed the exterior of the church and its fittings. The church is built in the style of an Italianate basilica. It is constructed of common brick with banding of red and blue brick, and a slate roof. The plan consists of a nine-bay nave with a clerestory, lean-to aisles, a chancel with a round apse and a high thin northwest campanile with narrow lights. All the windows are round-headed.
The top stage of the campanile has round-headed, louvred bell-openings and sill courses, a cornice and a pyramidal roof. The west front has an enclosed porch with a gabled round-headed entrance over which is a roundel with a bust of Christ. Above this are three windows surmounted by a roundel. Inside the church are arcades of nine bays with round arches supported by scagliola columns. The capitals alternately have oak and acanthus decoration. The ceilings are richly ornamented and coffered.