Architect: J.T. Bottle
The Walrond Memorial Smack Boys’ Home and Fishermen’s Institute, on the Ballast quay, was erected in 1875: it contains all the necessary appliances for securing the comfort and accommodation of smack boys when ashore: the buildings are of a Gothic character, freely treated, and contain office, dining room, reading-room, large room for meetings, dormitories on the separate bunk system, rooms for the manager and necessary offices: it will accommodate 38 boys, each having a separate bed and apartment. Perspective view, plans, elevation & section published in The Building News. September 24th 1875.