1880 – St. Anne’s, Clontarf, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller



Large Italianate mansion designed for the 1st Lord Ardilaun as his Dublin residence. Known for its rich interior, in particular a top-lit two-storey entrance hall. The house and grounds were brought by Dublin Corporation in 1938, and the house was badly damaged by a fire in 1943. Finally demolished in 1968.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com