1882 – Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin

Architect: George Edmund Street





Illustrations from a lavishly bound book that was published to commemorate the restoration of the Cathedral by George Edmund Street in 1882. The frontispiece reads as: The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity commonly called Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin. An account of the restoration of the fabric by George Edmund Street RA, Professor of Architecture at the Royal Academy and member of the Imperial and Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna with an historical sketch of the cathedral by Edward Seymour MA, Precintor of Christ Church Cathedral and a dedication by Sir Theordore Martin KCB LLD.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com