Architect: Edward L’Anson & Son
Perspective view & ground plan, designed for the Trustees of The Dutch Church, and published in The Builder, May 14th 1887. Built to “provide a home for aged couples or single women of Dutch nationality professing the Protestant religion”. Prior to 1865 the almshouse founded by the Dutch Church was in Shoreditch, London, between Crown Street and Whitecross Alley. Built in 1688 for poor church members, the site was acquired by the London and North Western Railway in 1865 and the foundation moved to Charlton in Kent.