Architect: Charles H. Wheeler
Constructed in 1896, and designed by local architect Charles H. Wheeler, this three-storey brick structure was erected by the firm of Kelly Bros. & Co. at a cost of $27,900, containing ten classrooms and an assembly hall, and capable of accommodating 500 students, with a staff of ten teachers. A replacement school was built on the site in 1910, on a design by Winnipeg school architect J. B. Mitchell. It was later demolished and replaced with the present school—the fourth to bear that name—on nearby Alexander Avenue.