“This hotel, now rapidly approaching completion, occupies the site of that formerly known as “Holloway’s Hotel,” which was for many years one of the most frequented hotels of the upper classes in London. The building is being carried out in accordance with the designs and under the superintendence of Mr. G.D. Martin, architect. Pall Mall, S.W., and will consist of eight floors. The basement has been planned for kitchens and the offices of the management, there being also a gentlemen’s lavatory. The ground floor will contain a large dining-room, vestibule entrance-hall, reception and service-rooms, telephone-room, marble staircase, and hydraulic elevator. In the six upper floors there will be ladies’ and general drawing-rooms, smoking-room, and about 30 bed, sitting, and dressing- rooms, and also ample bath and lavatory accommodation. The elevation, which is a Free treatment of Renaissance, is carried out in red brick, with Bath-stone dressings. The ground-floor facade is executed in grey Aberdeen granite. The whole of the floors and the roof are of fire-proof construction.” Published in The Building News, September 9 1881.