“These buildings are nearing completion. The design was selected in a limited competition, the cost being about £H,000. The architects are Messrs. Mangnall and Littlewoods. The plan given with the view shows the arrangement of club inclosure, Tattersall’s ring, and other rings belonging to the course. The position of the stewards’ stands and other stands, as well as the stables, is also clearly defined. The course is close to the railway, and has a station.” Published in The Building News, September 30 1898.