THE site is in a well wooded suburb of Birmingham, and the plan is arranged to suit a nearly triangular plot of land, with an askew building line. The scheme was arranged to afford the requisite accommodation, with a good outlook, on the limited frontage, and an equal number of rooms of as nearly corresponding size in each of the two houses as could be obtained. The external facing on ground floor is of picked common red brick, with dark red pressed bricks for arches, strings, &c. The upper story is cement, roughcast, etc., and the painting is in cream and white, with roof of red tiles. Internally, the living-rooms and parlours are wainscoted and finished in Oregon pine, the joists, &c., over hall and sitting-room being cased with same, and the stairs of same material. The floor is of oak parquetry ; Anaglypta is adopted for the panelled ceilings of dining-room and den, with frieze of same substance round each. The left house is somewhat plainer in finish. The cost of erection and completion, inclusive of specially designed chimneypieces, &c., and stained glass, has been under £1,700. The architect is Mr. B.C. Hughes, and the builder Mr. John Webb, both of Birmingham.” Published in The Building News, December 22 1899.