1909 – Former Public Library, Toronto, Ontario
Formerly Toronto Public Library’s Central Reference Library, and now the Koffler Student Centre for the University of Toronto. When constructed it was Ontario’s largest Carnegie library. It remained the home of the reference library until 1977, when it relocated to its current home at Bloor and Yonge. A Beaux Arts building, it features a grand entrance with stairs rising to the former library’s piano nobile. A second, less prominent ground level entrance balances the composition. The original library’s reading reading and reference room overlooked College Street through the large front windows.