Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1911 – Orpheum Theatre, 283 Fort Street, Winnipeg

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook28Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest2Email this to someone
Architect: John D. Atchison / Kirchhoff & Rose

0091

The Orpheum Theatre, was one of the chain of Orpheum Theatres across Canada and the United States. It opened on 13 March 1911, and the opulently decorated and furnished auditorium could seat 2,000 people. Last show was in 1946 with the building demolished in 1948.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook28Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest2Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1947 – River Heights School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Built to a fairly standard design used throughout the 1940s and early 1950s in Winnipeg, River Heights School is an...

Close