Architect: W.D. Caroe
After Edward Cecil Guinness, first Earl Iveagh, took over the Elveden estate, he appointed William Caroe to build an entirely new village church beside the old. It would be of such a scale that the old church of St Andrew would form the south aisle of the new church. The size may have reflected Iveagh’s visions of grandeur, but it was also to accommodate the staff of the estate, as attendance at church was compulsory. The Memorial Campanile built in 1922 as a memorial to the wife of the first Earl Iveagh. Caroe installed eight bells, dedicated to Mary, Gabriel, Edmund, Andrew, Patrick, Christ, God the Father, and the King. Published in The Building News, December 3 1920.