Architect: David Webster
The two-story building, with the façade on First Avenue North was constructed of brick and Tyndal stone. The total cost amounted to $32,000.00. The official opening took place in October of 1939, one month after World War II was declared. Because of new security concerns, a ball planned for the occasion was cancelled. Only one person at a time, accompanied by a soldier could visit the premises.