Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1977 – Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall, London

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Sir Basil Spence

0779

Soon after the amalgamation of Kensington with Chelsea it was decided to replace the two old town halls with a joint Civic Centre in Hornton Street. The architect chosen was Sir Basil Spence and the foundation stone was laid in 1973 and the building opened in 1977. The original design shown here included an additional story and a sculpture on the Great Hall, neither of which featured on the completed building.

Image Copyright: the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Libraries

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1779 – Kenwood House, Hampstead, London

Architect: Robert Adam The original house dates from the early 17th century, with the orangery added in about 1700. In...

Close