1855 – Ballyedmond Castle, Rostrevor, Co. Down

Architect: Charles Lanyon

church_lge

Ballyedmond Castle was a Tudor-Baronial mansion, with pointed gables, mullioned windows; a battlemented tower and conical-roofed turret. At one stage, the house was being used as a hotel. The original mansion was largely destroyed by fire-bomb damage and planning permission was granted for a change of use and reconstruction.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com