Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1910 – Canada Permanent Building, Edmonton, Alberta

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Roland Lines

0007

The Canada Permanent Building is a three-storey brick, stone, and reinforced concrete building Roland Lines and was advertised as “the only fire-proof building in Edmonton”. A good example of the Edwardian Baroque style of building it was threatened with demolition in the early 1980’s. The building along with the neighbouring McLeod Building was purchased by the province, and designated a Provincial Historic Resource in 1995.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1931 – Bowker Building, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Fred H. MacDonald Exterior view of the Government Offices and grounds in Edmonton, Alberta. The Administration Building was Edmonton's...

Close