Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1879 – St. Nicholas Church, Carrick-on-suir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin

Italian Romaneque style church by George C. Ashlin. A fine detached campanile alongside adds vertical emphasis. The interior is Ashlin’s interpretation of a roman basicilia. The church was began in 1879 to replace an earlier church of 1804. The campanile wasn’t completed until 1891.