9th C. – Round Tower, Turlough, Co. Mayo

0002

A well preserved round tower, now a National Monument. Not as tall as other examples, it has a round headed doorway, and flat and gable headed windows. The church alongside is 18th century incorporating earlier remnants. The tower was repaired in 1880 by the Board of Public Works.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com