Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1770 – Kiltennell Church, Courtown, Co. Wexford

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Designed by an unknown architect to replace an earlier church of around 1609. Constructed in the Courtown demesne, but Courtown House is now gone. The interior has memorials to the Stopford family, Earls of Courtown. The chapel on the northside was added in the 1870s by Richard Langrishe.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Wexford
1817 – St. Edan’s Cathedral, Ferns, Co. Wexford

The original medieval cathedral was built by Bishop St. John in the 1230s. The building was burnt down in Elizabethan times and only a small portion of the ruins remain....

Close