Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1840s – Rosslea Manor, Rosslea, Co. Fermanagh

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook26Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

bankofireland_lge

A Georgian mansion of two storeys above a basement; enlarged and altered in the mid-19th century when a third storey was added as well as a substantial single-storey wing. This wing contained a dining-hall, which doubled up as a ball-room 90 feet long. The house was gutted by fire in 1885, with the remains of Rosslea Manor finally demolished in 1914.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook26Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Fermanagh, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1848 – Dominican Friary, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Benson / G.C. Ashlin Church constructed between 1845-48 replacing an earlier church of 1763. A tower was added several years later. G.C. Ashlin added chancel decoration including mosaics...

Close