1227 – St. John’s Castle, Rinndown, Co. Roscommon

0003

Built in 1227 by King Henry III of England, populated by up to 1000 people in it’s heyday. Destroyed, ruined and forgotten in less that 150 years, one of the most important medieval town sites in Ireland has recently found a new lease of life. Six hundred and fifty years after it was destroyed and forgotten, St. John’s Parish Heritage Group has facilitated the restoration and conservation of the Medieval town walls and the parish church.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com