Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1727 – Corn Market House, Thomas St., Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter5Share on Facebook26Share on Google+1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

0242

The Corn Market building was a long arcaded structure, the ground floor of which was completely open to the street. With thirteen arches on each side, and a central cupola, it was a larger version of many markethouses found in Irish country towns. Closed in 1800. Some of the trade moved to the Corn Exchange on Burgh Quay.

Tweet about this on Twitter5Share on Facebook26Share on Google+1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Dublin City, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1796 – Dublin Society, Hawkins St., Dublin

Architect: Henry Aaron Baker & Edward Parke In 1796 the Dublin Society moved from their building on Grafton Street, to Hawkins Street where they already had their "Repository." The Society...

Close